My body has never held up well in the fight with nature. I think I’ve spent two weeks out of every month since this past fall with some kind of congestion cold. I’m sure that hanging out in a sweaty yoga studio doesn’t help. My colleagues keep telling me to go to a doctor, but I’m not in a hurry to waste trips and co-pays just to be told the obvious; “Yup, you’re sick. Drink fluids. Rest. Have juice. Eat healthy.” Thank you, oh wise health advocate. What would I do without you?
So, in an attempt at self-help, I’ve built a vitamin regimen for myself. I’m posting it here to a) help me understand what everything is and b) as reference for making modifications later. If you’re knowledgeable, please feel free to comment and suggest modifications too.
- Women’s multi (miscellanous stuff, I guess)
- Vitamin C (immune)
- Iron (energy)
- B-12 (metabolism [and to recover from my vampire draining, obvs])
- B-100 (energy)
- Magnesium (muscle health for yoga; also linked to migraine reduction)
- Cayenne supplement (curb appetite, migraine reduction)
- Metamucil (digestion assistant)
- Probiotic (digestion assistant)
- Melatonin (at night, to help my sleep patterns extend)